5.31.2011

A Common Friend


I was scheduled for an interview with Telus this afternoon and I almost cancelled my appointment with them 'cause I thought I wouldn't be able to get up early today for I'm not really feeling well since last night until this morning. That actually happened. I woke up at around 11am but then, I have this i-should-go feeling (and I don't know why) so I texted Ms. Teen (from Telus) and asked if I could still make it until 2pm and she quickly replied yes.

After getting the text, I took a very quick shower, prepped up then headed to Discovery Suites, Ortigas. When I got to the 32nd floor, the guard instructed me to enter the room on the left side. So I went straight as the guard leads the way, walked through the door on the left and pow! Everyone's staring at me. I felt embarrassed 'cause I am well aware, it shows on face I don't have any idea of what to do. Ha! There were really a lot inside that little pantry where they are conducting initial interviews table by table.

After handing me the application sheet to sign, I sat at one of the tables near the glass window and filled out the form. Beside me are these three girls. One in yellow, grey and green. I felt like I wanna join them but hearing them talk to each other, they seem to be very close. I concluded they applied together. The girls in yellow and grey was called first for the initial interview and the one in green was left sat at the table. I
grabbed the chance and kinda leaped towards her and asked, "Applicant ka?" and the rest is history (by the way the girl in yellow immediately left after her interview).

So there, I got the chance to talk to her. I find her very warm and friendly. She talks a lot which I actually like because I can see myself in her. In a very short span of time, she's already shared a lot of things about her with me. We found out we came from the same school and we took up the same course. We really jived that quick. So yeah, we kept on sharing this and thats and in the middle of our conversation, she mentioned "Osorio". Rings a bell. Surname of my friend's ex.

Having overheard that word, I promptly asked her, do you know J----- Osorio? Then lead to different names (I'm not gonna lay much details with those names due to privacy matters) until I mentioned Lai Legaspi.

Btw, Lai is a very close friend of mine, she's originally from Meycauayan, Bulacan but she's now residing in the USA. Sad, I know. But it's all good 'cause even if we didn't get the chance to see each other, we remain in touch. She's very close to my heart and I will always be the sister she never had. I love her to bits!

So there, I found out that this girl in green whom I'm talking to is also close with Lai and that she's the cousin of one of those names I mentioned. Sorry readers, I know it's so vague but I can't really have these names exposed or else I'm dead. Taaa!

I'm just so happy today. I have to admit, I went to the interview without any hope of getting the job. I just want some random experience. I still can't get over how magically God made it happen for me to know this girl. This girl in green sat at the other table. Her name is Jeng.

Ps. I got the job! (Thank you Lord!)

1 comments:

Post a Comment